>Well . . . no school again today for my crew which means no work for me! (actually, I’m going in in a couple of hours when the temp warms up and all the snow disappears. My SD friends and family will LAUGH when they find out we had 2 snow days followed by a weekend in the mid 50s!)
So here is a running list of what I’ve managed to accomplish while we’ve been off:
- took a nap on the couch
- watched “10 Things I Hate About You” – a movie I had no knowledge of or desire to see until the unexpected death of Heath Ledger. Apparently it was his breakout role in the US.
- got the furnace fixed (for real this time!)
- took a shower (Hey! That IS an accomplishment on a snow day!)
- made the obligatory “Wal-Mart Run”. It really isn’t a snow day unless you stand in a long line at your Neighborhood Wal-Mart and then attempt to make cheerful banter with the checker who HATES THEIR JOB today!
- watched “The Namesake” based on the novel by Jhumpa Lahiri – which just makes me add yet ANOTHER must read to my ever-growing list. If I’m making a list of accomplishments, this is the definition of one step forward and two steps back.
- Made a homemade pizza – garlic, mushroom, black olive and pepperoni
- Devoured a homemade pizza – garlic, mushroom, black olive and pepperoni
- Notice – no where on this list does it say CLEANED this or SCRUBBED that. Hmmmm?….
It’s only 8:45 Friday morning . . . I’m sure I’ll get MUCH, MUCH more accomplished today!