1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago the kiddos were 2, 5 and 7 and I was in the midst of a a HUGE transition from a being a stay-at-home mom with my own home-based business to beginning a new career in the non-profit world. Sometimes it is hard to even remember a time when my house was clean and I didn’t feel like Mark and I were “tag team parenting.” What isn’t hard to remember is how we were always down to our last $20 in the checking account and wondering if we would make it to the next payday. Being a working mom has huge advantages (fullfillment, confidence, financial stability) as well as disadvantages (I just can’t do IT ALL like some moms, the associated guilt that goes with that, and the constant messy house!). I’ve really had the best of both worlds — I was able to stay home with my babies, and now I think I’m setting a good example for my girls that they can have a career AND be a wife and a mom.
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
Well– since it is 9:07 p.m. and the day is almost over . . . I’ll list my “to-do list” for tomorrow.
1. Wish my hubby a Happy Father’s Day! He is an incredible father.
2. Wish my dad a Happy Father’s Day! He is my hero!
3. Play golf with my dad and my brother and hopefully not stink!
4. Finish reading an INCREDIBLE book called The Shack so Gracie can take it with her to Stuttgart.
5. Say goodbye to my three little darlin’s who are heading to their Grandma C and Papa Bob’s for a whole week!
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Is beer a snack???!??!? A michelada is my new favorite drink.
2. Sunflower Seeds!!!
3. Chips and dip
4. Oreos and milk
5. Chick Fila waffle fries with mayonnaise
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Tithe $100 Million
2. Pay off everyone in my family’s houses and other debt
3. Send my kids, nieces and nephews, cousins and their kids to college
4. Give a huge chunk to Rotary and make everyone in my club a Paul Harris Fellow
5. Set up a foundation and fund operating expenses/overhead for non-profit organizations
What are five of your bad habits?
1. not cleaning the house!
2. eating sunflower seeds!
3. pushing the snooze button in the morning
4. biting my nails
5. over committing
What are five places where you have lived?
1. W/ my parents in Sioux Falls, SD
2. Fort Walton Beach, FL
3. In Grandma and Grandpa Johnson’s basement in Sioux Falls
4. w/ my parents, in the dorm and w/ Mark in Fayetteville, AR
5. Prairie Grove, AR
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Social Worker — DCFS
2. Pampered Chef Consultant/Director
3. Reserve District Manager — Farmers Insurance
4. Director of Development/Community Relations
5. Executive Director